EuroShop is a huge show in Düsseldorf, Germany that focuses on Exhibit design and build, Retail display, lighting, fixtures and details ( Halls of Mannequins, Refrigeration and store security). This show runs every 3 years for 5 days.
Euroshop opened today – The 26th of February 2011. My colleagues and I traveled in Hall 9 and 10 – These halls are focused on the Exhibit industry. This will be the focus of today’s post. The trends that I see in this European marketplace includes:
• Extrusions, Profile or System – this aluminum “channel” has been a mainstay in European stand building, this edition of Euroshop shows many instances of the CURVE!
• Long Sheer Curtains, Gin Fringe or String Curtain, and scrim both white and black are out in full force. Scrim and Sheers are used as a peek-a-boo look. Now you see it now you don’t! Many ceilings were created of a mesh screen and many effects were created with Scrim.
• Layers and Layers – the idea is: flat form cut in succession to create the idea of a full form. This concept was seen over and over again.
• Colors: many shades of GREEN and some ORANGE, lots of WHITE with Lighting
• Vertical Tubes or this vertical shapes creating an environment – this effect is very similar to the long sheer curtains, string curtains and scrim.
• Light Boxes, Light Boxes and more Light Boxes – printed fabrics with Silicon edges creating flat panels
• I only saw a little – Laser Cutting and Interactive activities, games and social media – both are big in the States!
As I come from fabric structure, décor and design I was particularly interested in a company from Russia called InfinityConst – it has a different look then “American” fabric structures and they do fit into the trend of Curved Extrusion.
Get ready! NEXT! Full environments created “like” retail lounges to show amazing LIGHTING! Tomorrow halls 10, 11, and 12 – viewing and reporting assignment!